- If you work, try to to wait till after work to get your workout in. It probably won’t happen. So, get your workouts before you do anything, whether it’s work or before the kids wake up. Even as a stay at home mom, you are more likely to workout if you get it out before the babies are up.
- Schedule it as part of your day as a non-negotiable. You are more likely to keep an appointment if you have it blocked off in your calendar.
- Planning helps but knowing what you are going to do when you get that time to workout is also very important. When you have your workout ready beforehand you have a chance of getting your workout out faster.
- If you get a lunch break or if you are a stay at home mom and you are eating lunch, take a walk or run during that free time. Make sure you get your meal in first.
- I believe having your kids as part of your workout routine helps mommies stay in shape. Have fun with your babies or your toddlers. While they are lying down next to you do planks, sit ups, squats, lunges, etc. You get the point. If they are toddlers play a game of tag or push them on the swings. Make it fun for both of you.
- If you go to the park or jungle gym, use the benches for step ups, run with your stroller, or walk around in the sand.
- I said this before but running with your kids is the best way to get a work out in. Play tag with them. Soccer is a good sport to incorporate toddlers. You get cardiovascular benefits because of this.
- Be a ninja. Get a workout in when you get 10 minutes of free time from your kids. Run around for 10 minutes, do lunges for 10 minutes, jumping squats etc.
- Go outside. This is especially important for new moms. A lot of new mom’s are so excited and love their new babies so much that they just sit and watch their kids. Remember sitting down does not expel that many calories. If your kids are awake, put them on the stroller and walk around the block or go to a park.
- Don’t beat yourself up. You are a mommy and time with your kids is very important. Sometimes you are going to miss a workout and that’s totally okay, just don’t make it a habit. Remember being healthy allows you to give your child more.
Check this blog post for more tips on fitness for moms here.
If you’re a mom, tell me your thoughts on exercising. What are some things you do to get you working out and active? Leave a comment below.
I just recently learned an easy protein pancake recipe from @videomeals on instagram.
1 scoop of your favorite protein
Here is the video on how to do it and if you don’t already follow me on instagram, do so! I post a recipes, workouts, tips etc. My username is @ruthlessphysique
Video for Protein Pancakes
If you are craving something sweet and filling I would recommend trying my recipe for an Oatmeal Mocha Cappuccino Peanut Butter/Banana Shake!! It’s a long name but you can taste all the flavors!!
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Mocha Cappuccino Whey Protein
1 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter (whatever you would like, if you are geared more towards the healthiest, I would suggest home made peanut butter)
1 small banana
1 bag of instant oatmeal
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup cold water
1 1/2 tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt
Blend it and you got a taste of mocha peanut goodness with a hint of banana and chewy texture! It’s delicious.
*not my photo, found on the internet to show how good the shake is. enjoy.
Found this recipe online on myrecipe.com and tried it out. My chips came out pretty good but make sure you make the chips thick so they won’t burn because the thin ones I made burnt haha. Alright have fun. Email me with any questions! Ruthlessphysique@gmail.com
These are some great tips!!
When I am craving something sweet, I usually go for my protein shake. Protein powders come in many different flavors and are great for building lean muscle. The protein powder of my liking comes from Optimum Nutrition and I have tried the strawberry banana and chocolate. They are both delicious and satisfy your sweet cravings. What I like to do is mix it in with a banana and unsweetened almond milk. It comes out sweet and tasty. I also like to mix it up with ice, yogurt and fruits to make it more like a smoothie.
When I crave something salty, I go for almonds. What you can do is buy a pound of almonds and make little snack bags to take with you. You have to make sure the almonds are not salted. Even unsalted this snack will satisfy my salty cravings.
As far as craving something sour, I like to just grab some water and mix it with some lime juice, or this might sounds weird but a cup of tea can satisfy this craving as well.
These are just some of the snacks I like to eat to satisfy my cravings. Hopes this helps!
Note. this is not my picture, from healthierhabits.net