1. Narrow stance squat to jump squat 4×15
2. Standing calf raises 4×15
3. Lunges 4×15 to squat pulses (stay low and pulse)
4. Leg extension 4×15
Alright fitfam what ya’ll need to us follow @mankofit on instagram. I have been following for a while now and she is an inspiration and has gone a long way. She has transformed her body like no other. She usually posts very useful tips on eating healthy and exercises. Today I did part of her “30 Day Challenge, Eat Clean Train Dirty” for legs and I was dripping sweat by the end of the routine as well as I could not walk out the gym without holding on to my boyfriend. I highly recommend her if you are trying to lose weight, become a healthier person or just build some muscle mass. This is the routine I did today and yes it looks easy but nope! I did not do the 20 minute stair master yet. I might do it later today but my legs are jelly so we shall see. Have fun with this!
It took me about an hr to complete this routine.
Been off for a bit because I’ve been dealing with a bunch of random crap. Anyway I also got sick and when it coms to leg day today, I almost passed out. I know it sucks. This is what I worked on today.
Free Bar Squat 4 x 10,12,12,12
Hack Squat 4 x 12,10,10,10
Leg Press Machine 4 x 10
Leg Extension 3 x 12
Remember heavy weight!
I usually do more but by the time I was done with leg extension I felt like throwing up and passing out. I have to listen to my body so I went home to get some rest.
First and foremost I would like to say I have some good news and some bad news! So the good news is that I got accepted into Dominguez Hills University and will be working on my personal trainer certificate. The bad news is that I might not be able to update my blog all the time!
I wanted to write about how I am appalled that most people in the fitness community only work out their legs once a week. What kind of atrocity is this?! When I started weight training I started with working legs 3 times a week! I just did it because I decided I would do legs every other day. Every other day I would push my legs to their extremes. Keep in mind I do not come from an athletic background that used my legs for much. I used to be a cardio bunny, I never hit the weights. So of course this might seem excessive, but guess what I managed to work out my legs 3 times a week without a problem. Which brings me to my next point I decided to do my research on how often I should work my legs out and I found that most people recommended once a week. Once a week!!!! So here I am thinking I doing over kill with 3 times a week, but I got to thinking if I can do it then why not!!
I am not saying everyone should work out their legs 3 times a week all I am saying is that everyone should work out their legs at LEAST twice a week. Twice a week!! These are my reason’s why:
1. If it isn’t obvious enough why wouldn’t you want to work out one of the biggest muscle groups of your body more than once a week. You use your legs for everything. It supports you, it guides, so why wouldn’t you want to make these muscles stronger and more agile!! Make sense right?!
2. Since it is one of the biggest muscle groups of your body and it supports your body when you work it out it burns calories!!! You want your body to keep burning calories even after you finish your workout. Well guess what, since you are working this muscle group good and hard, the next day you will probably be sore, meaning your body will use up more energy to move these muscles because they are fatigued, meaning more calorie burning, more fat burn!!
3. You get to eat more than normal. Since these muscles take out a lot from you, they obviously need more nutrition to be fed because they are fatigued, they are using more energy, meaning more food, food=energy!! Leg day is the day you actually need a good amount of carbs to keep your body sustained.
4. Don’t you want the lower body to go with the upper body? I can’t tell you how many times I have seen men and women with big upper bodies but then you look at their legs and it looks like they are struggling to hold the person up. You use your legs for everything. So make them strong for the support of the upper body!
If these are not reasons enough then I don’t know what else is. Of course some people are learning as they go but don’t limit yourself. How do you expect to get change or lose that extra weight, or just look fit if you don’t push your body. You never know what your body is capable of if you do NOT push it. Make it hurt, make it fatigued then give it the proper nutrition next thing you know next week your doing things you thought you could not do!!
Lastly I wanted to add when it comes to your lower body, lift heavy. Why would you work out one of the strongest and biggest muscle groups with 5 or 10 lbs. Do at least half your body weight. Your body can handle it. If you can’t then do a little less but never lift light. These are me recommendations. I am 5’1, 138 pounds, and lift heavy. If I can do it, you can do it.
By the way I am not a personal trainer, yet, haha but everyone’s body is different so I can’t say what works for me works for you, but I highly recommend working your legs more than once a week. Do one day a very heavy leg day emphasis on the quads and the second day do lighter and emphasis on say hammies.
Fitfam, I have a question. I have currently been hitting legs 3 times a week. I have read a few blogs and forums and it says the max should be 2 days. I feel 3 day routine has been working for me. As you can see from this progress picture my quads are coming out. What do you all think? Is 3 days too much?
I always make sure I switch around my workout routines and since I have gotten more into fitness I know how my body works and what works best. I did my legs yesterday and this is the routine I did. I do this with my bf so fellas take note. Of course he has heavier weight but I’m getting pretty strong! Anyway here is what my leg day consisted of yesterday:
1. Super set: Smith Machine Squat Heavy Weight 4 x 10 w/ Plie squat w/ light weight 4 x 15
2. Super set: Leg Press 4 x 10 w/ jump squats no weight 4 x 15
3. Leg Press light weight 4 x 20
4. Seated Calf Raises 3 x 15
5. Leg Extension 4 x 12
6. Leg Curl 4 x 12
That’s it. Took me about an hr and after I was done, my legs felt like noodles. Enjoy and please share with your friends.
Any questions email me at email@example.com
Abs are starting to show up! Woo! I have to admit It’s been very stressful with school so I have been eating out more than I want. Of course it’s healthy food but nothing beats home made food. So my progress slowed down, at least I feel that way. What you eat is really important. If you find yourself not getting results faster it’s probably because you aren’t strict with what you eat. I learned that the hard way. So make sure you are eating 5 to 6 meals a day. Make sure you are drinking enough water and not starving your body. Your body is a temple so treat it as so. Don’t put crap into it. Nurture it, take care of it.
With that being said today I did legs, abs and HIIT on the stairmaster. I will post up the routine later because I have a quiz soon! Here is a progress pic.
No filter 😉