- Pick water or unsweetened teas to drink
- Opt for a salad and get dressing on the side
- Share a dish with someone – most restaurant plates are big enough for 2 to 3 people
- Customize your meal – put dressings on the side, remove any unnecessary toppings
- Pack snacks so you won’t buy unhealthy snacks
- Fill your plate with fruits and veggies instead of unnecessary carbs
- Look at the calories in their nutrition information online or on the menu
- Pass on “buffet” style restaurants
- Get whole grains if the option is available
- You don’t need to “clean the plate” eat until you are satisfied and stop
Click here to download a free pdf for more information on these 10 tips.
Check out ChooseMyPlate for more healthy tips and tricks!
Have any health or nutrition questions? Leave a comment below!