What is a compound exercise? A compound exercise incorporates several muscles or muscle group at one time.
- They burn more calories. Since you are using your more than one muscle group, your body will burn more calories doing compound exercises.
- They improve intermuscular coordination. Meaning it allows muscles and joints to work together to improve how they work together.
- They elevate your heart rate and can work to improve cardiovascular fitness. Your body is using multiple muscles at once so your body is working harder to keep up with the movement which elevates your heart rate and improves your cardiovascular fitness.
- Can be considered a form of dynamic flexibility.
- Improve movement efficiency. They can actually help improve movement skills and dynamic balance, which can actually help improve overall quality of life.
If you want to read more on the 5 benefits above, read more here.
What you think? Do you do more compound exercises when it comes to your training? Leave a comment below.