Apple cider vinegar has a reputation of aiding with weight loss, lowering cholesterol, diabetes, acne, digestive problems and other issues. Below are some of the benefits and studies that support these claims.
There are studies that have shown that apple cider vinegar can aid in weight loss. (Kondo et al. 2009)
Apple cider vinegar may increase satiety which may reduce food intake. (Ostman et al. 2005)
It helps with diabetes too and there are studies that support this. If you drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before a hearty carb meal it helps to control blood sugar. This happens because the vinegar seems to reduce the digestion of carbs. (Johnston et al. 2010)
Apple cider vinegar also seems to have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It has been used for centuries to clean wounds and disinfect.
Things to watch out for:
Apple cider vinegar tastes bad and it is very acidic. It can irritate your mouth and throat and harm your tooth enamel if you just take it by itself. I like to drink my apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and mix it up. Lots and lots of water haha. You can also put it as a dressing on salads or foods.
My favorite apple cider vinegar product is: Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Do you use apple cider vinegar? Has it helped you in your weight loss goals or other goals? Leave a comment below.
Are you ready to make that step into living a healthy life? Check out my online personal training and coaching services —->Online Personal Training and Coaching
Here is the grocery list to our 4th week of meal prep.
Recipe from fitmencook.com
Ingredients for 1 berry cobbler:
- 1/4 cup dry, uncooked oats
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/8 cup blackberries
- 1/8 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp or 1/4 scoop vanilla isolate whey protein
- juice from 1/2 clementine
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix oats, protein powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon and coconut oil.
- In a jar, add blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and fresh orange juice
- Top with oats mixture.
- Repeat for other jars.
- Spray with coconut oil and bake for 25 minutes at 350F.
Approximate macros (with regular oatmeal):
How much sugar are we supposed to consume a day? More than 70% of Americans eat over 22 teaspoons a day of sugar. The American Heart Association recommends to stay healthy men should consume only 36 grams or 9 teaspoons and women 25 grams or 6 tablespoons of sugar.
Here is a chart I got from Daily Burn that shows how much sugar we may be consuming daily.
Here is the recipe for the delicious casserole I made.
What you will need:
LEAN GROUND TURKEY 32 OZ
QUINOA PASTA 8 OZ
MOZZARELLA 1/8 CUP
RED ONION 1/2
ZUCCHINI 2 CUPS
BELL PEPPER 1
CHICKEN BROTH 1 CUP
TOMATO PASTE 2 6OZ CANS
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil quinoa pasta, rinse with warm water, and set aside.
- Set a skillet on medium-high heat and lightly spray with coconut oil. Toss in red onion and granulated or freshly minced garlic. Cook in the skillet until the onions are nearly translucent.
- Add in the ground turkey meat. Stir and cook with a wooden spoon or spatula. Chop the turkey and separate it as it cooks.
- Once the turkey is nearly finished cooking, add zucchini, tomato paste, tomatoes, bell peppers, and one cup chicken broth.
- Stir slowly and reduce heat slightly. Cover and cook until the mixture begins to simmer.
*Tip: If your skillet is large enough, add in cooked pasta. If not, continue on to step 7.
- Evenly divide the pasta among the five mini pans. Pour the mixture on top of the pasta.
- Pour the remaining chicken broth over the individual pans to ensure moisture.
- Top each with 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 375F. Once finished, allow to cool. Cover with foil and freeze until you’re ready to eat.
- Reheat in the oven.
Makes 5 servings. I found these recipes online and are pretty easy to follow. Enjoy!
Black Bean Recipe
1 can of black beans
1.5 cups of corn
1/2 bundle of cilantro
Fresh lime juice
2 roma tomatoes
salt and pepper for taste
Fiesta Lime Chicken With Baked Sweet Potato and Bell Peppers
Potatoes are baked at 20-25, 405 F. Add salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper to season.
For the Fiesta Lime chicken I used frozen tyson chicken breasts, the grilled them with Bragg’s aminos and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime.
For the bell peppers, season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Check out my instagram for the video on making it. Here is the end result:
I just recently learned an easy protein pancake recipe from @videomeals on instagram.
1 scoop of your favorite protein
Here is the video on how to do it and if you don’t already follow me on instagram, do so! I post a recipes, workouts, tips etc. My username is @ruthlessphysique
Video for Protein Pancakes
Found this recipe online on myrecipe.com and tried it out. My chips came out pretty good but make sure you make the chips thick so they won’t burn because the thin ones I made burnt haha. Alright have fun. Email me with any questions! Ruthlessphysique@gmail.com