High-intensity interval training not only burns more fat in less time than steady-state cardio, but it also preserves muscular size and improves performance as well.
Excerpt From: “Thinner Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Female Body” by Michael Matthews. Scribd.
This material may be protected by copyright.
Read this book on Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/book/262171262
Here is the grocery list to our 4th week of meal prep.
Recipe from fitmencook.com
Ingredients for 1 berry cobbler:
- 1/4 cup dry, uncooked oats
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/8 cup blackberries
- 1/8 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp or 1/4 scoop vanilla isolate whey protein
- juice from 1/2 clementine
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix oats, protein powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon and coconut oil.
- In a jar, add blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and fresh orange juice
- Top with oats mixture.
- Repeat for other jars.
- Spray with coconut oil and bake for 25 minutes at 350F.
Approximate macros (with regular oatmeal):
Here is the recipe for the delicious casserole I made.
What you will need:
LEAN GROUND TURKEY 32 OZ
QUINOA PASTA 8 OZ
MOZZARELLA 1/8 CUP
RED ONION 1/2
ZUCCHINI 2 CUPS
BELL PEPPER 1
CHICKEN BROTH 1 CUP
TOMATO PASTE 2 6OZ CANS
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil quinoa pasta, rinse with warm water, and set aside.
- Set a skillet on medium-high heat and lightly spray with coconut oil. Toss in red onion and granulated or freshly minced garlic. Cook in the skillet until the onions are nearly translucent.
- Add in the ground turkey meat. Stir and cook with a wooden spoon or spatula. Chop the turkey and separate it as it cooks.
- Once the turkey is nearly finished cooking, add zucchini, tomato paste, tomatoes, bell peppers, and one cup chicken broth.
- Stir slowly and reduce heat slightly. Cover and cook until the mixture begins to simmer.
*Tip: If your skillet is large enough, add in cooked pasta. If not, continue on to step 7.
- Evenly divide the pasta among the five mini pans. Pour the mixture on top of the pasta.
- Pour the remaining chicken broth over the individual pans to ensure moisture.
- Top each with 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 375F. Once finished, allow to cool. Cover with foil and freeze until you’re ready to eat.
- Reheat in the oven.
Makes 5 servings. I found these recipes online and are pretty easy to follow. Enjoy!
Black Bean Recipe
1 can of black beans
1.5 cups of corn
1/2 bundle of cilantro
Fresh lime juice
2 roma tomatoes
salt and pepper for taste
Fiesta Lime Chicken With Baked Sweet Potato and Bell Peppers
Potatoes are baked at 20-25, 405 F. Add salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper to season.
For the Fiesta Lime chicken I used frozen tyson chicken breasts, the grilled them with Bragg’s aminos and Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime.
For the bell peppers, season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Over the course of 2 years, I have managed to gain 25 pounds. I have always been consistent at 140 pounds, but now I weight 165 pounds. Honestly I don’t really care about what the scale says, what I really care about is my health. Obviously the weight I have gained is not pure muscle. It’s mostly fat. And you know, it sucks. I am a pretty confident person as far as my abilities, but I have always struggled with my weight. I was called fat all my life, and always compared to my thinner sibling. I would not say I have a huge issue with the way I look, but I am not ecstatic about the way I look either. I have this pooch, that has never gone away for the life of me. But this year is different. I am going to continue to have the pooch but I do want to work on lowering my body fat percentage. I used to work out with my boyfriend religiously, then he fell off, and eventually I fell off. Shit happens right? But it is never too late to start all over. I don’t care about looking like some fitness model, all I care about is looking close to how I used to look at weighing max 140 pounds. The reason I started this blog was because of the story I just shared. We’re all human, and sometimes we fall, but we have to know that it is okay to get back up and start all over. It is never too late. I am plan on looking like the above picture, but better and stronger. So follow me on my fitness journey, where I will guarantee more work outs and more pictures. I won’t change who I am, yes, it’s a new year, but there will be no new me, I’ll just be better.
Barbell squat – warm-up and then 3 workings sets, 9-12 reps
Leg press – 3 working sets, 9-12 reps
Romanian deadlift – 3 working sets, 9-12 reps
Hip thrusts – 3 working sets
Cable crunch – 3 rounds of 20 reps
- Seated or standing barbell military press – warm up sets(check out my previous post for the warm up) and then 3 working sets of 9-12 reps
- Side lateral raise – 3 working sets 9-12 reps
- Bent-over rear delt raise – 3 working sets of 9-12 reps
- Leg press calf raise – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Donkey calf raise – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Let me know how you like this. Remember this is about lifting as heavy as you can, therefore have a spotter if you need one, and push yourself.