Here is the recipe for the delicious casserole I made.
What you will need:
LEAN GROUND TURKEY 32 OZ
QUINOA PASTA 8 OZ
MOZZARELLA 1/8 CUP
RED ONION 1/2
ZUCCHINI 2 CUPS
BELL PEPPER 1
CHICKEN BROTH 1 CUP
TOMATO PASTE 2 6OZ CANS
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil quinoa pasta, rinse with warm water, and set aside.
- Set a skillet on medium-high heat and lightly spray with coconut oil. Toss in red onion and granulated or freshly minced garlic. Cook in the skillet until the onions are nearly translucent.
- Add in the ground turkey meat. Stir and cook with a wooden spoon or spatula. Chop the turkey and separate it as it cooks.
- Once the turkey is nearly finished cooking, add zucchini, tomato paste, tomatoes, bell peppers, and one cup chicken broth.
- Stir slowly and reduce heat slightly. Cover and cook until the mixture begins to simmer.
*Tip: If your skillet is large enough, add in cooked pasta. If not, continue on to step 7.
- Evenly divide the pasta among the five mini pans. Pour the mixture on top of the pasta.
- Pour the remaining chicken broth over the individual pans to ensure moisture.
- Top each with 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 375F. Once finished, allow to cool. Cover with foil and freeze until you’re ready to eat.
- Reheat in the oven.
Makes 5 servings. I found these recipes online and are pretty easy to follow. Enjoy!